- Warm and smooth:
Start your meal with soup to soften and warm your stomach.
- High source of fluids:
Soup contains a high quantity of water that nourishes your body cells and keeps your skin fresh.
- Healthy and nutritious:
Soup is a natural and healthy option that can be prepared in various ways; with vegetables, meat, chicken or even legumes and rice.
- Soup preserves its nutritional value:
The way soup is prepared helps preserve the nutritional value in the broth even after cooking, making it high in vitamins, minerals and proteins.
- Full with healthy fibres:
Some soups, high in fiber such as vegetable soup and legumes, help keep your digestive system healthy and prevent bloating and constipation.
- Lentil soup contains 4-5 grams of fiber per serving (cup)
- Vegetable soup contains 3-4 grams of fiber per serving (cup)
- Rich in taste:
Your family can happily enjoy a variety of flavourful soups.
- A feeling of fullness:
Soups give a sense of satiety and as a result help people eat less.
- Examples of healthy soups
- Check out this Lentil Soup : Rich in protein and iron
- Check out this Beetroot Soup : Rich in fibre, minerals and vitamins
- Check out this Rice & Tomato Soup : Rich in vegetables and starches
- Check out this Oat Soup : Rich in fiber, vitamin B6, magnesium and potassium